Saturday, May 4, 2024

Strength

For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength.
Philippians 4:13 NLT

As Christians, we are so fond of this verse! We repeat it like a mantra. The more outside pressure we feel, the more we chant this verse. But do we get it?

Do we understand that this does NOT say, I can do everything in my own strength just because I know the Name of Jesus? What it DOES say is, I can do everything through Him because He's the One who gives me strength. And it does NOT say strength to stand on my own. Most of the world thinks He promises never to put more on us than we can bear - I've got a news flash for you - God has never expected us to carry anything alone.

Christ Himself invited us to yoke up with Him. In fact, what it DOES say about standing on our own strength is this in Jeremiah 17:5, This is what the Lord says: Cursed are those who put their trust in mere humans, who rely on human strength and turn their hearts away from the Lord.

To that end and to drive home the Truth, please read and meditate on these Scriptures.

Exodus 15:2, The Lord is my strength and my song; he has given me victory.
2 Samuel 22:30, In your strength I can crush an army; with my God I can scale any wall.
Psalm 18:29, In your strength I can crush an army; with my God I can scale any wall.
Psalm 18:32, God arms me with strength, and he makes my way perfect.
Psalm 46:1, God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble.
Psalm 59:9, You are my strength; I wait for you to rescue me, for you, O God, are my fortress.
Psalm 68:35, God is awesome in his sanctuary. The God of Israel gives power and strength to his people. Praise be to God!
Psalm 73:26, My health may fail, and my spirit may grow weak, but God remains the strength of my heart; he is mine forever.
Psalm 81:1, Sing praises to God, our strength.
Isaiah 12:2, See, God has come to save me. I will trust in him and not be afraid. The Lord God is my strength and my song; he has given me victory.
Isaiah 41:10, Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.
1 Timothy 1:12, I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has given me strength to do his work.
Hebrews 13:9, So do not be attracted by strange, new ideas. Your strength comes from God’s grace, not from rules about food, which don’t help those who follow them.
1 Peter 4:11, Do you have the gift of speaking? Then speak as though God himself were speaking through you. Do you have the gift of helping others? Do it with all the strength and energy that God supplies. Then everything you do will bring glory to God through Jesus Christ. All glory and power to him forever and ever! Amen.
1 Peter 5:10, In his kindness God called you to share in his eternal glory by means of Christ Jesus. So after you have suffered a little while, he will restore, support, and strengthen you, and he will place you on a firm foundation.

Is there any room for doubt about where our strength comes from?

Prayer:

Father,
           We pray according to Your Word. My health may fail, and my spirit may grow weak, but You remain the strength of my heart; You are mine forever.  Blessing and glory and wisdom and thanksgiving and honor and power and strength belong to our God forever and ever! In Jesus' Name we pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment