Tuesday, May 14, 2024

God Our Strength

I look up to the mountains; does my strength come from mountains?  No, my strength comes from God, who made heaven, and earth, and mountains.
Psalm 121:1-2 The Message

In this life, the most important thing to me for you to understand next to the salvation message of the Gospel is this. Any strength you see in me, any courage, insight, or peace comes straight from God, my Saviour (King James’ spelling).

Any “good” in me is ALL God. His Word tells us if we live in Christ, old things are passed away and we are made new. The person I was before Christ was so fearful and so afraid I couldn’t see over the walls I’d built around myself. 
All glory and praise to God, that’s not who I am now!

In business, there’s a template for just about everything, or someone’s document or guidelines from lessons learned. In my life, that’s the Bible. It’s the only thing I know to be Truth - ALWAYS. So when I encounter issues in this life, I have to know what the Bible says about it. 

It does NOT say I won’t have issues while on this planet.
It DOES say I will overcome them.
It DOES say I am victorious.
It DOES say Christ has given me His peace – the peace that passes all understanding.
It DOES say He will never leave me, nor forsake me.

You tell me I am strong. I am thrilled you can see strength in me because it is Christ in me, the hope of glory. 

Prayer:

Father,
          Thank You for Your Truth found in 2 Corinthians 12:9 that Your grace is all we need, and Your power works best in our weakness. We stand on Your Truth, confidently knowing You will never leave us or forsake us. By Your grace and power, help us to fulfill Your plan for our lives. In Jesus' Name we pray. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment