Monday, May 27, 2024

Go the Distance

You made me; you created me. Now give me the sense to follow your commands. 
Psalm 119:73 NLT

We can have a genius IQ and still lack common sense. We can read the Bible cover to cover, but if we're reading just to be able to say we read it and don't make it applicable to our lives, we are fools. It's been said that the distance between heaven and hell is 18 inches. That's the distance from our head to our heart... 

It's not head knowledge that gives us a relationship with God, it's our heart knowledge - asking Him into our hearts. Allowing Him to change them from hearts of stone to tender, responsive hearts as He promised in Ezekiel 36:26, And I will give you a new heart, and I will put a new spirit in you. I will take out your stony, stubborn heart and give you a tender, responsive heart.

Prayer:

Father,
           You made us; You created us. Please give us the sense to follow Your commands. Change our hearts we pray so that we will follow You in spirit and in truth. Help us to go the distance, Father! In Jesus' Name we pray. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment