Monday, May 13, 2024

Dehydrated

Jesus answered her, “Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again. But whoever drinks the water that I give him will never be thirsty again. But the water that I give him will become in him a spring of water [satisfying his thirst for God] welling up [continually flowing, bubbling within him] to eternal life.”
John 4:13-14 AMP

It's Texas. It's hot. I'm thirsty. I immediately thought of these two verses.

In the last week, it doesn't seem to matter how much water I've sucked in; I'm still thirsty. And I am the one who always asks others, "How much water are you drinking? Is it enough?" I convinced myself I was drinking an ample amount. Turns out, I was not.

It got me to thinking...

How many times do we hit that same place in our Christian walk? We think we've drawn enough to carry us through, only to find ourselves parched. We may even be "pouring out" for the Lord in ministry to others, but forgetting to drink daily from Jesus, the Living Water. We become dry, weak, and begin to burn out, then wonder why.

Isaiah 58:11 New Life Version reads, The Lord will always lead you. He will meet the needs of your soul in the dry times and give strength to your body. You will be like a garden that has enough water, like a well of water that never dries up. 
We must replenish and there's only One way to do that - Jesus. Are you getting enough Water?

Prayer:

Father,
           We need more of You. Open our eyes to heed the signs of spiritual dehydration in our lives. In Jesus' Name we pray. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment