Saturday, August 31, 2024

Reminder - Hopeless Without Him

It is useless for you to work so hard from early morning until late at night, anxiously working for food to eat; for God gives rest to his loved ones.
Psalm 127:2 NLT

All week long, I have listened to people tell me how tired they are. All week long, I have been tired. It's exhausting...  Why are we not rested? We're out of whack. What are our priorities?  Are we trying to do life under our own steam?

If so, then we're not resting in the Lord. We're not following His lead. We're not letting Him do the building. We want to be in control. We tell God, "I got this." Then we move on without Him.

Mylon LeFevre wrote a song titled, "Without Him." He was only 17 when he wrote it, but it's a standard that holds true today, and almost 50 years later, people are still singing it with great passion.
Without Him, I could do nothing. Without Him I'd surely fail;
Without Him, I would be drifting like a ship without a sail.

Without Him I would be dying. Without Him I'd be enslaved;
Without Him, life would be hopeless. 
But with Jesus, thank God, I'm saved.
Jesus, O Jesus, do you know Him today?
Please don't turn Him away, oh Jesus, my Jesus.
Without Him, how lost I would be.
Verse 1 of Psalm 127 reads, "Unless the Lord builds a house, the work of the builders is wasted. Unless the Lord protects a city, guarding it with sentries will do no good." I don't know about you, but I work too hard for it to be wasted. And the Truth is, life is hopeless without Him.

Prayer:

Father,
           Thank You that You have promised never to leave us or forsake us. Lord, we recognize that it's only by Your grace and mercy and provision that we can do anything at all. Forgive us and correct us when we think otherwise. In Jesus' Name we pray. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment