Wednesday, August 21, 2024

Testify for Today - Just Today

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."
Isaiah 41:10 NIV

I was diagnosed in February 2016. Meds do NOT touch the pain, and I find they generally do more harm than good. The burning (in my legs and feet) feels as though they are lying in the hot coals of a barbecue pit. Clothes, sheets, and even water from the shower are like scraping already raw, burnt skin.

It IS exhausting and can be horribly depressing...

I reached my wits' end several years ago and just wanted to die. I screamed at God, "I cannot do this the rest of my life! It's too much!!" and then the still, small Voice asked, "Can you do it today? Just for today?" So each day since, just for today, by His Grace and His promise to always be with me - to never leave me - we've gotten through the day.

The thing is, Dear Ones, God has called us to ONLY do today. Not the last 7 years, not the last 32 months, only today. NOBODY can face a future while they're carrying the accumulation of all that awful.

Psalm 32:8 ESV, [God speaking] "I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my eye upon you." So, is there someone today to whom we can minister the love of Jesus? Let's focus on that. Is there someone just today who needs a note of encouragement? A written prayer? Let's focus on that. We must look outside of our circle of pain. Can we give the world a smile in spite of the pain? Yes, by God's grace, we can.

Do I succeed every day? No, I do not, but in the Word, Isaiah 61:3, God said He came "To console those who mourn in Zion, To give them beauty for ashes, The oil of joy for mourning, The garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; That they may be called trees of righteousness, The planting of the Lord, that He may be glorified." Do I fail? Yes, yes I do but HIS WORD NEVER FAILS. That's what we stand on and the prayers of the saints He has surrounded you with who love you and continue to pray for you.

Do we understand everything and why? No, but we KNOW God is ALWAYS worthy of our praise. 

Prayer:

Father,
          Thank You that You have decreed all things work together for our good - to those called according to Your Purpose. Give us Your eyes to see those in need around us. Help us to hear Your voice guiding us to do all that You have planned and would have us do - especially for those of the Body of Christ. In Jesus' Name we pray. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment