Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Out of the Way

Three different times I begged the Lord to take it away. Each time he said, “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.” So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me. That’s why I take pleasure in my weaknesses, and in the insults, hardships, persecutions, and troubles that I suffer for Christ. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
2 Corinthians 12: 8-10 NLT

I didn't write this one - my pastor (Alan Neel) did this morning. I found it to be so chock full of treasure that I wanted to share it with you.

"Our constant desire is for life to be trouble-free. Unfortunately, that’s not [real] life, nor does it fit in with God’s plan. God’s character and power are exhibited best when we are not boastful, arrogant, and taking all the credit. God’s power is revealed much quicker when He is the first option and not the last resort. Often, it takes difficulty just to get us out of the way! SO… GET OUT OF THE WAY! GOD HAS A PLAN!"

Prayer:

Father,
           Thank You for Your Word and for faithful followers of God who will rightly divide its Truth and serve it up hot and fresh to nourish our souls and give us strength. Increase our desire for Your Truth and wisdom so that we may encourage others along the way. In Jesus' Name we pray. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment