Wednesday, October 9, 2013

* Today

This is the day the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it.
Psalm 118:24 NLT

Do you have a favorite day of the week? Do you have a least favorite day of the week? Did you know that statistically, Monday is the least favorite day of the week? That's probably no great surprise, but it was followed closely by Sunday...which did surprise me. The most popular reason for Monday being the least favorite was work-related, obviously. Sunday's votes were almost tied between two: 1 - that Monday was the next day, and 2 - the others felt guilty for not going to church... and the reasons were ludicrous - too early Sunday morning after late-night TV on Saturday... too busy having fun on Saturday, so they had to stay home and clean (and feel guilty) on Sunday...

Typically, Mondays and Fridays are the craziest days of the week for me, and if I absolutely HAD to pick a least favorite, I would probably lean toward Monday because it is so hectic...However, it's also the day I get to see friends I haven't seen for two or three days, so it all works out. And any day that I wake up breathing can be counted as a good day here on earth. I like being on the upside of the dirt. Everything else is icing on the cake.

I can get out of the bed without assistance. I can walk, I can talk, I can think (most days). I have running water to wash with and clean water to drink in the world I live in. And I am washed by the water of the Word. I also drink from the Wellspring of Living Water and so I will never thirst again. The Creator of the Universe - the Lord of Heaven and Earth - is my Father and we talk every day. I am assured of His love and strength and protection and provision for me. He made the day and caused me to awaken. I will rejoice and be glad in it.

Prayer:

Father,
         According to Your Word, Your faithful love never ends! Your mercies never cease. Great is Your faithfulness; Your mercies begin afresh each morning. I say to myself and to all who will hear, You are my inheritance; therefore, I will hope in You! One more day - one day closer to eternity. Help us hasten to obey Your Word so all can hear the Good News of Jesus Christ and usher in His return. In Jesus' Name we pray. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment