Friday, October 11, 2024

Where'd You Go?

Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you.
I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.

Isaiah 41:10 NLT

Have you ever in distressed honesty cried out, "God, where are You?!?" Probably more times than we care to admit. Even though we know - according to God's Word - it's in the testing and the trials that our faith is strengthened.

Sometimes, it's hard to see when we're deep in crisis. When we're seriously sick. When our body is wracked with pain. When we've lost a precious loved one. When children we've raised to follow Christ, walk away... "Where'd You go, God?"

We would make our best choice if we look for the answers in His Word rather than with our own version of Job's comforters. Look here - just in Psalm 139 alone, it is written:

Verse 3 - "You see me when I travel and when I rest at home."
Verse 5 - "You go before me and follow me. You place your hand of blessing on my head."
Verse 8 - "If I go up to heaven, you are there; if I go down to Sheol, you are there."
Verses 9 & 10 - "If I ride the wings of the morning, if I dwell by the farthest oceans, even there your hand will guide me, and your strength will support me."

Does that sound like He's gone away from us?

Prayer:

Father, 
           Your Word assures us that anywhere we go, You are there. You promise that You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in You, all whose thoughts are fixed on You! What blessed assurance! Help us to keep our eyes trained with trust to be focused on You and not the world's circumstances. In Jesus' Name we pray. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment