Tuesday, October 8, 2024

Reminder - After the Valley

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; For You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.

Psalm 23:4 NKJV

Christian or cretin - the Twenty-third Psalm is one of the most well-known passages of Scripture in the world today. Children and adults alike can recite it for you. It's similar to a Christmas carol in that respect. We all know the words, but when was the last time we paid close attention to what the words really say?

I've always been partial to God preparing a table before me in the presence of my enemies... (take that, devil!), but next to verse 1 - The Lord is my Shepherd... - I think our text, verse 4, is the second most well-known phrasing. Two important things to note here - it's the shadow of death not Death Valley, and we're walking THROUGH. We're not staying. We're not setting up camp or a souvenir stand. We may have "been there done that" but we don't need to sell tickets for the side show or sell postcards of it. We're walking through. Keep moving...

Yessiree, keep moving because it's AFTER the valley that we find the goodness and mercy following us all the days of our lives. Praise His Holy Name!

Prayer;

Father,
          I never cease to be amazed at Your goodness and mercy toward us. Thank You for comforting us as we walk through the valley. Thank You for bringing us through to the other side. Giving You all praise - In Jesus' Name we pray. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment