Monday, October 7, 2024

Picking Fruit

But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things! Galatians 5:22-23, NLT

When I purchase fruit from the grocery store, the produce manager hates to see me coming. I look at the top AND bottom of the strawberry container. I open the blueberry container and touch the blueberries to see if they're mushy. I don't like mushy... I don't just grab the first bag of grapes closest to me, nor am I indiscriminate about the rest of the fruit I choose. I have no problem opening a bag of grapes to check the contents (and then closing them again when I'm finished looking - very important). I check carefully for bruising on apples, for ripened plums, etc. I am a "fruit inspector" when it comes to paying the price for fruit. I want to know it's good before I spend my hard-earned money on it.

Oh, that I would be that diligent with the fruits of the Holy Spirit! Jesus already paid a GREAT price for them to be produced in our lives, why would we refuse to pick them up? They're ALL good.

Prayer:

Father,
          Help us to understand the working of the Holy Spirit in our lives. May the seeds for all be planted in the good soil of our hearts. We want love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control to be working and evident in our lives. In Jesus' Name we pray. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment