Monday, July 15, 2024

THANKFUL - I'm Finally Back Online!

I missed being here! Hurricane Beryl happened and we were out of pocket until this evening.

****************************************************************************

Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.
1 Thessalonians 5:18 NLT

Notice it doesn't say FOR all circumstances. However, I can be thankful IN the circumstance. I'll tell you, I'm not thankful for hurricanes or tornadoes or the effects of them. Lost power in Texas in July can make me very grateful that I'm going to Heaven and not hell. I can be thankful IN the circumstance and praise God for His hand of protection on my family and friends. I can be thankful for people I met in the circumstance.

The same breath that I can use to complain or grumble should instead be used to praise the One who spared my life. Should be used to thank the One Who gave His life so that we as Christ followers can live with Him in eternity.

Prayer:

Father,
           Thank You for Your Master Plan. We rarely understand the whys and the wherefores, but we are thankful for the spiritual insight You give us in the storms of life. Help us to live our lives according to the written Word in Philippians 2, that we would continue to work out our salvation with fear and trembling, for it is You who works in us to will and to act in order to fulfill Your good purpose. That we would do everything without grumbling or arguing, so we may become blameless and pure, “children of God without fault in a warped and crooked generation.” We want to shine among them like stars in the sky as we hold firmly to Your Word of life. In Jesus' Name we pray. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment