Monday, July 22, 2024

Oh, My Soul

 Why am I discouraged? Why is my heart so sad? I will put my hope in God! I will praise him again--my Savior and my God!

Psalm 43:5 NLT

Two years after I was diagnosed with breast cancer, I was in for a check-up when I was told I had an abnormal test and would have to have some tests redone. I don't remember anything the doctor said after that because I was already in dialogue with God, although I can't say it was a completely faith-filled conversation. I can only tell you that even in the middle of the fear attack, I knew my only hope was God and that the situation was a test of my faith, my trust in Him. 

When I got in my car to leave the oncologist's office, the first song on the radio was Oh My Soul, recorded by Casting Crowns, written by John Mark Hall and Bernie Herm. I love those moments when God hears the deepest cry of your heart and without speaking a word, the very next thing you hear you KNOW - without a doubt - that it's from Him and His peace flows into your situation. What a loving God we serve! 

This song ministered to me in ways I can't begin to explain, and I thought maybe you are in a place today where you need to hear it, too.  
***********************************************
Oh My Soul  (click title to listen to the song on YouTube)

Oh, my soul
Oh, how you worry
Oh, how you're weary, from fearing you lost control
This was the one thing, you didn't see coming
And no one would blame you, though
If you cried in private
If you tried to hide it away, so no one knows
No one will see, if you stop believing

Chorus: 
Oh, my soul
You are not alone
There's a place where fear has to face the God you know
One more day, He will make a way
Let Him show you how you can lay this down
'Cause you're not alone

Here and now
You can be honest
I won't try to promise that someday it all works out
'Cause this is the valley
And even now, He is breathing on your dry bones
And there will be dancing
There will be beauty where beauty was ash and stone
This much I know

Chorus

I'm not strong enough, I can't take any more
(You can lay it down, you can lay it down)
And my shipwrecked faith will never get me to shore
(You can lay it down, you can lay it down)
Can He find me here?
Can He keep me from going under?

Chorus 

Oh, my soul, you're not alone
***********************************************

Prayer:

Father,
           Thank You that You never leave us nor forsake us! Thank You for expressing Your love in immeasurable ways! You are an amazing God! Thank You for the unique ways You reach out to us and make Your presence known. Help us to always recognize and acknowledge You in the daily moments of life. In Jesus' Name we pray. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment