Thursday, June 20, 2024

Revisiting Real Change

Seek the Lord while you can find him. Call on him now while he is near. Let the wicked change their ways and banish the very thought of doing wrong. Let them turn to the Lord that he may have mercy on them.Yes, turn to our God, for he will forgive generously.
Isaiah 55:6-7 NLT

Everywhere we turn, someone is talking about change. However, change for the sake of change? I can't say that is always for the better. Sometimes, it's much worse.

The Truth is, in order to have change, you have to want to be changed, and then you have to choose to act on it. "I wish I had a clean house" without getting up to do anything about it, is not going to get your house clean. "I wish I spoke another language" is not going to make you bilingual. "I wish I was a better Christian..."  What? Like poof! Here, Child, I'll make you a better person, you just sit back and eat bon-bons and watch TV? Yeah, right.

What can you do to bring about change in your life and in the lives of those around you? Timothy tells us in his second letter, Gently instruct those who oppose the truth. Perhaps God will change those people’s hearts, and they will learn the truth. 2 Timothy 2:25 NLT

That will be REAL change!

Prayer:

Father,
           Bring Your Word to our remembrance. Help us to be instant in season to speak Your Truth, so it can set the captive free, and so we can effect change for Your glory. In Jesus' Name we pray. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment