Monday, June 24, 2024

Good News and Bad News

Live wisely among those who are not believers, and make the most of every opportunity. Let your conversation be gracious and attractive so that you will have the right response for everyone.
Colossians 4:56 NLT

So, there's good news and bad news. 

The bad news is that a particular conversation was neither gracious nor attractive. I was angry and indignant and instead of exercising self-control - one of the fruits of the Holy Spirit - I went right to telling how the cow ate the cabbage. What I said wasn't wrong, but my attitude certainly was. I did not swear, but neither was I gracious.

The good news is God loves me enough to correct me. The good news is His mercies are new every morning. The good news is His grace is sufficient. The good news is if we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from ALL unrighteousness (1st John 1:9).

Prayer:

Father,
           Don't give up on me... Thank You for correcting me. Please pour out more of Your grace and Your mercy so I may represent You withOUT error. In Jesus' Name I pray. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment