Sunday, June 23, 2024

Open the Door

Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me. If you had really known me, you would know who my Father is. From now on, you do know him and have seen him!”
John 14:6-7 NLT

When my firstborn was a toddler, we lived in an apartment, and I remember one morning, very early, running downstairs to do a load of laundry while she was still asleep. The only problem was, I forgot to grab my keys and cell phones hadn't been invented yet. I was locked out with my sleeping toddler inside by herself. And just the night before, I had worked and worked with her about never opening the door. So there I stood ringing the doorbell to wake her, only to have her stand on the other side of the door and ask me in her 2-year-old voice, "Who is it?" and then tell me, "No open door, Mommy." Finally, a neighbor heard what was going on and called the superintendent.

Do we know who Jesus is? Do we recognize His voice? Will we open the door of our hearts to Him?

Prayer:

Father,
           Reveal Yourself to us. Come - build Yourself in our hearts. We want to accomplish what You have planned for us, according to Your Word. May we always know Your voice and answer. In Jesus' Name we pray. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment