Friday, June 22, 2018

Prepared to Go

The prophet Isaiah was speaking about John when he said, “He is a voice shouting in the wilderness, ‘Prepare the way for the Lord’s coming! Clear the road for him!’”
Matthew 3:3 NLT

Hurricane Season is three weeks old. Since Harvey last year, everywhere I look, there are signs advertising this for hurricane preparedness and that for hurricane preparedness and the other for hurricane preparedness. Our corporate safety minutes for the month of June all have to do with hurricane preparedness. For three weeks, we've listened to the experts tell us all the tell-tale signs and what to expect to the point that I'm already tired of the hype. 

The truth is, if another hurricane should head this way (God forbid), I'll be looking for all that information. However, I'll be looking more for the way out of here. It's wisdom to be prepared, so, I'm prepared. I've got what I need: my car has a full tank of gas, new tires aired and checked, new oil change in the car - checklist of what needs to go and enough PTO that I can avoid the evacuation rush. If it happens, we're ready and we'll just go.

However, on my way home today, I was reminded of that same attitude of the world, regarding the end times of the world as we know it. I got to thinking about 2nd Peter 3: 3-4 where it reads, Most importantly, I want to remind you that in the last days scoffers will come, mocking the truth and following their own desires. They will say, “What happened to the promise that Jesus is coming again? From before the times of our ancestors, everything has remained the same since the world was first created.”  And they ignore the tell-tale signs of the times, and the warnings and the love message that they MUST be born again - because they're tired of hearing it.

They've had plenty of warning - centuries to prepare - and when our Father sends His Son to come get His bride, the only thing the news stations will be reporting will be after the event, when they're wondering where thousands of people went who just disappeared off the face of the Earth. Those of us who have prepared - who have repented of our sin and asked God to forgive us - who acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord, the only Way to the Father by His Blood that was shed on Calvary, and who believe that His death, burial and resurrection were all about redeeming us from our sin - that's who will go. There won't be any hurricane tracking charts to let you know how much time is left before the Evacuation, no immediate advance warning - other than a trumpet blast - and that will be too late to be already prepared. If it happened now, are you ready to go?

If not, I'll be happy to tell you how. 

Prayer:

Father,
       For that one who is lost, or the ones who have slipped away from their relationship with You and mistakenly think You won't take them back this many times later, release them from their fear, Father, or whatever it is that holds them back from the one True salvation. All roads don't lead to You, but I know You can find us and draw us to You from wherever we are. Please, Father. In Jesus' Name I pray. Amen  

No comments:

Post a Comment