Tuesday, September 3, 2024

Reminder - How Can You Not...

"O Lord, God of Israel, there is no God like you in all of heaven above or on the earth below. You keep your covenant and show unfailing love to all who walk before you in wholehearted devotion."
1st Kings 8:23 NLT

I have been called a wordsmith more than once in my life, but when I attempt to lay attribute to Almighty God or try to tell you how I love the Lord, I am most inept. I guess if I could sing like Whitney...well, not like Whitney, but with her passion, I would belt it out, ♪♫ I LOVE THE LORD! ♫♪ HE HEARD MY CRY...♪♫

How can you not love a God who will say to you - "Do not be afraid, for I have ransomed you. I have called you by name; you are mine." Isaiah 43:1b

How can you not TRUST a God who promises you - "When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown. When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you. For I am the Lord, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior." Isaiah 43:2-3a NLT

How can you not love a God whose Word declares when the enemy comes in like a flood, that He - God - will lift up the standard against him?
Isaiah 59:19 NKJV

"Hear my cry, O God; Attend to my prayer. From the end of the earth I will cry to You, When my heart is overwhelmed; Lead me to the rock that is higher than I. For You have been a shelter for me, A strong tower from the enemy. I will abide in Your tabernacle forever; I will trust in the shelter of Your wings. Selah"
Isaiah 61:1-4 NKJV

No matter what I see. No matter what I hear.

Do I know or understand why children die? No, I do not. Do I know or understand why there are mighty prayer warriors who die having lost the memories of all but Him? No, I do not. Do I know or understand why there are illnesses for which there is no cure, save a miracle from God? A miracle of healing that sometimes does not manifest on this Earth? No, I do not. But no matter if I understand it or I do not...even if I never do - this one thing I know. He is God and I am not. God of the universe. The Creator of Heaven and Earth - more than we can even begin to wrap our finite minds around. He is God and He is trustworthy and He is faithful and merciful and full of grace toward us. His grace empowers us to do His work. Unmerited favor - we couldn't earn it by our works if we tried. He sent His only Perfect Son to die - to pay the ransom price for my many sins...and for yours.

"I waited patiently for the LORD; And He inclined to me, And heard my cry. He also brought me up out of a horrible pit, Out of the miry clay, And set my feet upon a rock, And established my steps."
Psalm 40:1-2 NKJV

How can we not love this God...

Prayer:

Father,
           Your Word! Your Word have I hid in my heart that I might not sin against You. O God, give us Your Words to speak - to shine Your Light into the darkness, to bring Your Comfort to those who mourn, Your Strength for those who are weak and heavy-laden! May Your Words be fruitful seed, watered by our tears. Give us the increase of Your Word, Lord. In Jesus' Name we pray. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment