Monday, January 23, 2017

* A God Sign

Then God said, “I am giving you a sign of my covenant with you and with all living creatures, for all generations to come. I have placed my rainbow in the clouds. It is the sign of my covenant with you and with all the earth. When I send clouds over the earth, the rainbow will appear in the clouds, and I will remember my covenant with you and with all living creatures. Never again will the floodwaters destroy all life. When I see the rainbow in the clouds, I will remember the eternal covenant between God and every living creature on earth. 

Genesis 9:16 NLT


When you're in the middle of a tough time in life, do you ever have to fight to hold on to God's Truth? Do you ever struggle with holding onto the Truth of God's Word over the facts of what you're facing? Do you ever beg God for a sign? I think we all have at one time or another. Sometimes, life is hard.

What I love about our heavenly Father is that He understands our human frailty. I'm not talking about making excuses for bad behavior or choosing to do things our way instead of His. I'm talking about knowing that sometimes we need a faith boost, something to bolster our belief. Here's something that speaks to me.

According to the Answers in Genesis website, they've determined that the Flood took place about 2348 BC.  I didn't know Noah or any of the next umpteen generations after that. I'm old, but I'm not that old! In fact, I only know three generations back and none of them knew Noah, either. At least not personally. 

But in our Promise for Today, God said to Noah, I am giving you a sign of my covenant with you and with all living creatures, for all generations to come. I have placed my rainbow in the clouds. And for over 4,000 years that rainbow has appeared in the clouds of every storm where the sun has come shining through, both physically and spiritually!  God did not forget, nor will He forget what He has promised. 

Every time you see a rainbow, you can KNOW that God's promises are everlasting. He hasn't forgotten.

Prayer;

Father,
          You are so good to us! The depth and breadth of Your love are beyond our comprehension! Keep us ever mindful that we don't have to know everything; we only have to know You. In Jesus' Name we pray. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment