Thursday, April 4, 2024

Lost Focus

Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
Matthew 5:16 KJV

We talked yesterday about Spring season in Texas. While it is my favorite, I noticed today it's also very dust and pollen-laden. No, we don't have to scrape ice off our windshields in season, but we need strong wipers to be able to clean the junk off so we can see clearly.

It made me think of how easy it is to get caught up in the day-to-day of life and lose our focus. A little dusting of irritation, piling on of political mayhem, fighting the allergens of this crisis and that one, the weariness of our workload, and before we know it we've lost focus. It seems like we can't see daylight... at least not clearly.

The Good News is that Jesus is the Morning Star. He is the Light of the World. In Isaiah 9:2 NKJV, the prophet tells us regarding Jesus' coming to Earth, The people who walked in darkness have seen a great light; Those who dwelt in the land of the shadow of death, upon them a light has shined

How do we receive the Light of the World? By knowing His Word. Psalm 119:130 reads The teaching of your word gives light, so even the simple can understand. Light is essential to life. 

Prayer:

Father,
         Look upon me and be merciful to me, As Your custom is toward those who love Your name. Direct my steps by Your word, And let no iniquity have dominion over me. Redeem me from the oppression of man, That I may keep Your precepts. Make Your face shine upon Your servant, And teach me Your statutes. Let me never lose the focus of Your light and love. In Jesus' Name we pray. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment