Another great message from Pastor Glotzbach.
Good things take time. This morning I was out watering our garden and it got me thinking about how much this simple daily task viewers are life.
Over the last few weeks, we've planted some new seeds. After a successful Harvest of broccoli, we're trying our hand (or thumbs) at growing a few more vegetables.
Harvesting is the fun part. It's exciting to pick what's finally grown. The fruit (or vegetable?!) of our labor.
If I'm honest, I've never enjoyed the watering or the weeding. I want the reward. I want the finished product. I want it now.
This morning, though, I sensed the Lord inviting me into a different perspective. What if the watering is just as meaningful as the harvest? Or to put it another way what if the journey is just as important as the destination?
I'm someone who likes to get to the end - and usually as quickly as possible. But God reminded me today of all the work He does before we ever arrive. Most of His work happens beneath the surface where we can't see it. And often - that's where His greatest gifts are found.
Growth doesn't happen in the Harvest. It happens in the watering. In the waiting. In the weeding.
So today, I want to challenge you - and myself - not to rush to one day. Don't hurry past the season you're in just because you're longing for the next one. Enjoy the process because good things take time.
Prayer:
Father, help me slow down. Help me never to outrun You or Your work in my life. Teach me to be content in the watering season and the weeding season not just the reaping season. You created every one of these moments and none of them is wasted. You use each one for Your glory and my good. Help me to trust you in every season. amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment