Wednesday, March 2, 2022

To Ezra

I will confirm my covenant with you and your descendants after you, from generation to generation. This is the everlasting covenant: I will always be your God and the God of your descendants after you.
Genesis 17:7 NLT

This promise is a foundational Truth in my life. And as I look into the face of my first great-grandson, Ezra, at the ripe old age of 22 months, the promise has become flesh and life is good.

Twenty years ago, I could not have imagined the reality of this moment in time. However, I have been able to stand on the Truth of God's Word knowing that His everlasting covenant would never fail; that He would be my God and the God of my descendants after me. For each generation until Jesus returns to take us all home. What a mind-boggling, breathtaking promise of God!

Prayer:

Father,
          Thank You for making an everlasting covenant with all my generations! Your promise to always be our God is the most loving, miraculous event next to the Crucifixion. Thank You for that and for this precious child as a living witness to Your faithfulness. Help us to guide these generations toward You, Father. In Jesus' Name we pray. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment