Sunday, October 20, 2019

Think It Not Strange

Dear friends, don’t be surprised at the fiery trials you are going through, as if something strange were happening to you.
1st Peter 4:12 NLT

It feels like forever since I've been able to be on here. Somehow last month, I pulled something in the middle of my back which also affected my right arm, making it extremely painful to use the mouse and keyboard. It's still painful, but it is healing; just taking much longer than I thought it would. 

I will say, though, that this truly has been a spiritual refining process with lots of time to think and time to listen without a lot of distraction. My prayer has been that I would learn whatever it is I should learn in the process, but of course, I wanted to learn it much more quickly! 

I am not saying that God did this to me; I am just emphatically stating that the Word declares ALL things work together for good - good AND bad. It does NOT say only good things work together for our good...That has been a major part of the learning. The Word says they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength (KJV); not "they who try to rush God so He'll do all things within their desired timeframe and schedule".

Teach me, Lord, to wait.

Prayer:

Father,
         Thank You for being our Healer. Thank You that ALL things work together for our good. Thank You for Your Word that declares You give power to the weak and strength to the powerless. And that those who trust in the Lord will find new strength. Father, we choose to trust You and wait with patience for Your promises to manifest strength and complete healing. In Jesus' Name we pray. Amen

31 

No comments:

Post a Comment