Sunday, September 2, 2018

Need to Know

Baffled by what I hear, undone by what I see. Absolutely stunned, horror-stricken, I had hoped for a relaxed evening, but it has turned into a nightmare.
Isaiah 21:3b-4 The Message

Isaiah asked God to let him see what was going to happen. Isaiah thought in knowing, he could prophesy to the people and give hope. But when God granted Isaiah's request, the prophet was overwhelmed. I have lived as a Christian long enough that when I read this Scripture, I can praise God that sometimes the answer is 'No."

Looking back over my life, I can truly give thanks and worship a Holy God who lovingly refused to show me some things ahead of time. I wouldn't have been able to stand it had I known some of it ahead of time. It would have caused me to run in the opposite direction, but when thrust in the midst of it, I turned to the only One I could trust. And now, having lived through it, bearing the fruit of what satan meant for evil, God turned for my good, I am able to see and praise God for His guiding hand on me during those times. Would I have chosen it? No. Absolutely not, but on this side of it, I am eternally grateful for the lessons learned, the wisdom gained, and the capacity for love to be enlarged.

Now, when I think back on all the times I begged God to show me what He was doing; what was going to happen, and He would not, I'm so thankful He's God and I'm not, and He chose not to. What a loving Father, a protective, caring, loving Father. You see, there are things worse than not knowing. I don't have to know it all as long as I know the One who knows it ALL.

Prayer:

Father,
           Thank You for revealing those things that need to be revealed. Thank You, Father, for every heads-up You provide. Lord, keep us on a need-to-know basis as You define it. In Jesus' Name we pray. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment