Saturday, March 26, 2016

* What Was He Doing?

When I saw him, I fell at his feet as if I were dead. But he laid his right hand on me and said, “Don’t be afraid! I am the First and the Last. I am the living one. I died, but look—I am alive forever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and the grave.
Revelation 1:17-18 NLT

He was dead. They all saw it - watched in horror as it happened. Beaten beyond recognition, whipped within an inch of his life, bloodied and stripped. Then nailed to a cross and crucified... where His life's blood and water flowed out from His pierced side. He said Himself, "It is finished..." 

When we say "It is finished." We mean it's done. It's over. There's nothing else to do with it or for it. It's ended. There's nothing left. The good news is His ways are not our ways. His thoughts are not our thoughts. When Jesus said, "It is finished." It meant only that the Master Plan for His time on Earth that time was completed. It wasn't over. It was just the beginning.

He descended into hell and fought the enemy and He won. Jesus now holds the keys to death and the grave. That's what He was doing the Saturday of what we call Holy Week.

Prayer:

Father,
         Thank You for sending Your Son as the propitiation for our sins. Thank You that we have been redeemed and set free by His Blood shed at Calvary. Thank You that we are overcomers by the Blood of the Lamb (Jesus) and the word of our testimony! Give us courage and opportunity to testify!  In Jesus' Name we pray. Amen 

No comments:

Post a Comment