Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Keeping Track

You keep track of all my sorrows. You have collected all my tears in your bottle. You have recorded each one in your book.
Psalm 56:8 NLT

Sometimes, it seems like the hard seasons of life are so much longer than the good times. It is in times like these I am SO glad we have the Word of God to stand on, to lean on, to wield as a weapon to ward off the onslaught of the enemy of our souls. Even though it may feel like all of hell has waged war against us, the battle is the Lord's! God has a weapon prepared to answer every attack. It's in the manual (the Bible). 2nd Corinthians 10:4 tells us, We use God’s mighty weapons, not worldly weapons, to knock down the strongholds of human reasoning and to destroy false arguments

Sometimes our battles are fought through tear stains. I've said it before - tears are a gift from God. They are a language that God understands. I've lost track of the number of times I have stood with tears streaming down my face, declaring the Truth of God's Word over the facts I faced, wielding the sword of the Lord to knock down the lies of satan. I may have lost track, but God has never lost track. His Word tells us so. 

It's why we can stand and declare the victory that we may only see with our spiritual eye, and then pray it till it comes alive in us. If we continue reading from our Promise for Today, Psalm 56, verses 9b-11, we find the courage to fight through our tears. This I know: God is on my side! I praise God for what he has promised; yes, I praise the Lord for what he has promised. I trust in God, so why should I be afraid? What can mere mortals do to me? 

Prayer:

Father,
          You keep track of all our sorrows. You have collected all our tears in Your bottle. You have recorded each one in Your book. Help us to see them as a vital part of our arsenal in the battle of life. Thank You for weaponry that will take down strongholds and destroy lies. Birth in us a fresh desire to read and embrace Your Word. In Jesus' Name we pray. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment