Friday, August 16, 2019

Friends' Favorites - Sometimes, Life Stinks

But David persisted. “I have been taking care of my father’s sheep and goats,” he said. “When a lion or a bear comes to steal a lamb from the flock, I go after it with a club and rescue the lamb from its mouth. If the animal turns on me, I catch it by the jaw and club it to death. I have done this to both lions and bears, and I’ll do it to this pagan Philistine, too, for he has defied the armies of the living God!
1st Samuel 17:34-36 NLT

Before David ever killed the giant, he had to kill the lion and the bear. Think about that for a moment. He learned how to do that while isolated for long periods of time as he tended a lot of smelly sheep, but he used it as an opportunity to spend time with the Lord. We all want to be giant-killers, but are we willing to put up with the stinky parts of life and use them to get to really know who God is - or do we just want to whine and complain about how life stinks?


Prayer:

Father,
           Help us to clear our hearts and minds of the clutter of everyday stuff - just stuff - so we can focus on You and our relationship with You. When we can see clearly, Father, help us to walk in Your purpose for our lives. In Jesus' Name we pray. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment