Tuesday, October 14, 2014

* Redeemed, Renew, Repeat

Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.
Psalm 51:10 KJV

I read something recently that caused me to seriously contemplate about who I would have been and what I might have accomplished had I not rebelled against God. It brought me to another level of understanding God's grace. It's so humbling to confess to God that I recognize and acknowledge that I have not lived His perfect plan for my life and all because of my own rebellion and bad choices. And in that moment of confession, it was absolutely overwhelming to realize how in spite of that, He has redeemed my life and all because of His perfect love.

It is not to be taken lightly. Scripture tells us, You must know (recognize) that you were redeemed (ransomed) from the useless (fruitless) way of living inherited by tradition from [your] forefathers, not with corruptible things [such as] silver and gold, But [you were purchased] with the precious blood of Christ (the Messiah), like that of a [sacrificial] lamb without blemish or spot1st Peter 1:18-19 The Amplified Bible. I repeat, It is not to be taken lightly.

Christ's sacrifice - His life for ours - redeemed us from sin. He did it once and for all. Hebrews 9:12 tells us, Not with the blood of goats and calves, but with His own blood He entered the Most Holy Place once for all, having obtained eternal redemption. Eternally redeemed. 

We, on the hand, need to take up our cross DAILY (Luke 9:23), renewing our hearts and minds, choosing to put to death in us the sins of the flesh. Taking full advantage of God's mercies that are new every morning. Renew. Repeat. Until He comes again.

Prayer:

Father, 
          We've got a song the angels cannot sing - we are redeemed by the Blood of the Lamb. Great is Your faithfulness to us! Create in us a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within us. In Jesus' Name we pray. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment